52 Repealed: 2011, c. 1, Sched. 2, s. 6.
Part Amendments with date in force (d/m/y)
Order of Registrar re: false marketing
53 (1) In the event that Registrar thinks on reasonable grounds that a licensee is building a false, deceptive or statement that is deceptive up to a cash advance or perhaps a pay day loan contract in any product posted at all, including an ad, circular or pamphlet, the Registrar may,
(a) order the cessation for the usage of the product;
(b) purchase the licensee to retract the statement or publish a modification of equal prominence towards the publication that is original or
(c) order both a cessation described in clause (a) and a retraction or correction described in clause (b). 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (1).
(2) area 13 relates with necessary changes to a purchase under this area within the exact same way as up to a proposition by the Registrar to refuse to issue a licence. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (2).
(3) The purchase associated with Registrar shall immediately take effect, but the Tribunal may give a stay before the Registrar’s purchase becomes last. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (3).
(4) In the event that licensee will not attract a purchase under this area or if the Tribunal upholds your purchase or even a variation from it, the licensee shall, upon the demand associated with Registrar, distribute all statements in every ad, circular, pamphlet or material become posted by any means towards the Registrar for approval before book for the period of time that the Registrar specifies. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (4).
(5) The Registrar shall maybe perhaps not specify under subsection (4) an interval,
(a) that surpasses a period of time that is recommended; or
(b) any Bonuses element of which falls beyond your duration that is recommended. 2008, c. 9, s. 53 (5).
54 (1) If it seems towards the Director that a individual or entity isn’t complying with this specific Act or the laws or an purchase made under this Act, the Director may connect with the Superior Court of Justice for the purchase directing anyone or entity to comply, and, upon the application form, the court can make your order that the court thinks fit. 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) is applicable as well as some other procedures which may be available towards the Director, whether or not the Director has exercised their liberties under such procedures. 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (2).
(3) An appeal lies towards the Divisional Court from a purchase made under subsection (1). 2008, c. 9, s. 54 (3).
55 (1) a individual or entity is accountable of an offense whom,
(a) furnishes false information in any application under this Act or in any statement or get back needed under this Act;
(b) does not conform to any purchase under this Act;
(c) contravenes or fails to comply with any part with this Act or the laws; or
(d) tries to commit any offense mentioned in clause (a), (b) or (c). 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (1).
(2) An officer or director of the firm whom doesn’t just take care that is reasonable avoid the business from committing an offense mentioned in subsection (1) is accountable for the offence. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (2).
(3) an individual or entity that is convicted of a offense under this Act is liable to,
(a) a superb of only $50,000 or to imprisonment for the term of not more than two years less a time, or both, if the individual or entity can be an specific; or
(b) a superb of only $250,000, in the event that individual or entity just isn’t someone. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (3).
(4) No proceeding under this part will be commenced a lot more than 2 yrs following the reality upon that your proceeding is based first found the information associated with the Director. 2008, c. 9, s. 55 (4).
Sales for payment, restitution
56 in case a entity or person is convicted of an offence under this Act, the court making the conviction may, as well as other penalty, order the individual or entity convicted to cover settlement or make restitution. 2008, c. 9, s. 56.
Standard in re re payment of fines or charges
57 (1) if your fee mentioned in subsection (2) is in default for at least 60 times, the Director may reveal up to a customer agency that is reporting title associated with defaulter, the fee plus the date the fee went into standard. 2008, c. 9, s. 57 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) relates to your following fees: